NOTES & ADVICE
INTERNATIONAL CHECK-IN: Check-in for your International flights must be a minimum of two and a half (2.5) hours prior to the departure time unless otherwise advised by the airline on reconfirmation.
DFAT: To obtain the latest foreign affairs travel advice please refer to either: www.dfat.gov.au/travel/index.html or www.smarttraveller.gov.au or phone toll free 1300-555-135 or Sydney 02-6261-3305. Please be aware that overseas consular assistance cannot override local laws, even where local laws appear harsh or unjust by Australian standards.
SECURITY: Please ensure that you do not have the following in your carry-on baggage: Knives, sharp objects, cutting implements, knitting needles, scissors or tweezers. These items may be carried in hold baggage only. You may be required to demonstrate to security staff that your camera, mobile or computer is an operating unit.
There are restrictions on taking liquids, aerosols and gels through Security onto International flights. Refer to the brochure in your travel documents or visit TravelSecure.infrastructure.gov.au for details.
Passports, Visas and Health Requirements
You need to ensure that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date of your return to Australia. If travelling on any passport other than Australian you must inform us immediately as it may be necessary to obtain a re-entry visa into Australia or visas for other countries and if you have a previous criminal record you could be denied entry into your country of destination. Whilst we offer full assistance it is the responsibility of each traveller to ensure that they have full and correct documentation to undertake their journey, and we do not accept any liability whatsoever.
Visas, including transit visas, are the passenger’s own responsibility. For more information please log on to: http://www.dfat.gov.au or http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au. Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate of each country that you are travelling to, as many destinations require visas for both Australians and non-Australian passport holders. For more information, log on to http://www.visalink.com.au.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel destinations. Vaccinations are strongly recommended for certain destinations. You need to contact your local doctor who will advise you of these requirements. Please note that vaccinations may be recommended some period in advance of travelling.
Your holiday safety and enjoyment is important to us and we support the Australian Government’s recommendation that all people travelling take out travel insurance.
Please ask your consultant for details on the travel insurance products that we provide, including a quote. You must obtain a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) relating to the travel insurance product you are considering purchasing. We recommend that you read the document thoroughly before making the decision to proceed.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions (as listed in the PDS) then cover for this may need approval by the Insurer. If you need cover for a pre-existing medical condition that requires approval by the insurer, we are able to provide you with information to assist in completing this application.
If you have taken out another Travel Insurance Policy not offered by Mercedes Gonzalez Travel or believe you have adequate cover from a credit card policy we will require details of the insurance cover that you hold. In the event of a claim, should your Travel Insurance provider require paperwork from our office to support your claim, this will incur a AUD100 administration fee.
If you decline the offer to purchase travel insurance through our office, you may be requested to sign an Indemnity Form before travel documents will be released.
Frequent Flyers, Membership Numbers & Special Requests
Please advise your consultant of your Frequent Flyer or Cruiseline membership details for inclusion in your booking. We do not offer advice on Frequent Flyer eligibility on flights that we advertise or that you have booked. For more information on whether your airfare or cruise is eligible for rewards, you must contact the Third Party Provider directly. We do not take any responsibility should Third Party Travel Provider not register your trip. We recommend that you retain copies of your documentation and boarding passes as a record.
Please advise your consultant of any special requests that you have: ie: seat selection, special dietary requests, airport assistance or hotel room type. Every attempt will be made by us to accommodate your request, and these will be passed on to the Third Party Travel Provider but cannot be guaranteed.
Checked Luggage and Seat Fees
Bookings made on some airlines may not automatically include a check-in baggage allowance. Check-in baggage allowances included in the fare purchased will be listed on your booking confirmation. Baggage fees may be charged directly by the airline for adding or increasing check-in baggage allowances, please note higher charges may be imposed at the airport for any additional requirements that are not pre-arranged. Check-in baggage fees are non-refundable once purchased.
Some airlines allow seating to be requested once tickets are issued. Please advise your consultant if you have any special requests, and whilst these can not be guaranteed, we will endeavor to provide you with the best options available. Please note: there are some airlines that will charge a fee to request specific seats or exit row seats (terms and conditions vary from airline to airline). Once this fee is paid, seat fees are non-refundable and non-changeable.
International Driving Permits
If you intend driving overseas an International Driving Permit (IDP) is a useful travel document and is required for renting a motor vehicle in many countries. Also most car rental companies require a credit card imprint before allowing the vehicle to be hired. If you require more information on either of these please ask your travel consultant.
Theatre, Special Event & Show Tickets
We are able to book a range of theatre, show and sporting event tickets for you at your destination. Pre-booking ensures your seats and pre-payment ensures that you don’t have to stand in long queues in the hope that you may get a ticket. Ask your consultant for details on what is on and when….we are happy to assist you in any way possible with this.
Ticketing and Documentation
Your consultant will contact you to advise when the documents will be ready. All travel documentation will be available for collection at least 2 weeks prior to departure.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What we provide to you
1. We provide you with Booking & Advisory Services that allow you to acquire a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider. We act as an agent for the Third Party Travel Provider.
2. By acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us, you agree that you have read and understood both these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Third Party Travel Provider relating to the Travel Product.
3. You pay us for providing the Booking & Advisory Services to you.
What the Third Party Travel Provider provides to you
4. Once you have acquired Booking & Advisory Services from us, the Third Party Travel Provider will provide you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed between you and the Third Party Travel Provider.
5. These terms and conditions are available from the Third Party Travel Provider and may include rules and restrictions about the use and availability of fares, products and services, refund and cancellation policies and the limitation or exclusion of liability for death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. You should obtain and read all of the Third Party Travel Provider’s terms and conditions before acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us.
6. You pay the Third Party Travel Provider for providing the Travel Product to you.
7. We do not (and cannot) provide you with the Travel Product and you do not pay us for acquiring the Travel Product. We also do not act as your agent when you acquire Booking & Advisory Services from us or a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider or when you seek a refund from the Third Party Travel Provider.
We are liable to you for Booking & Advisory Services
8. Because we provide you with Booking & Advisory Services and you pay us for acquiring Booking & Advisory Services, we are liable to you in accordance with these terms and conditions for breaching our obligations in providing the Booking & Advisory Services to you.
9. Subject to the application of consumer guarantees which may be implied into the supply of Booking & Advisory Services to you, we are not otherwise liable to you or anyone else (including for negligence, breach of contract or tort) for any loss or damage (including specific, direct, indirect, consequential, economic loss, incidental damages, lost profits or savings or damages for disappointment) however caused and which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with the:
a. use of (or inability to use) the Booking & Advisory Service;
b. disruption to the Booking & Advisory Service;
c. the delivery or non-delivery of the Travel Product; or
d. any act or omission of Third Party Travel Providers or other third parties.
10. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude or restrict the application of consumer guarantees under consumer protection laws but we do not give any guarantee or warranty and do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Booking & Advisory Services supplied by us outside these laws.
11. All information relating to a Travel Product or a Third Party Travel Provider is provided by Third Party Travel Providers or other independent third parties. We are not responsible for and make no warranty or representation about such information including the standard, class, or description of accommodation or services provided by Third Party Travel Providers.
The Third Party Travel Provider is liable to you for the Travel Product
12. As agent for the Third Party Travel Provider, we are not liable to you for a breach of obligations by the Third Party Travel Provider in providing you with a Travel Product.
13. The Third Party Travel Provider is liable to you for a breach of obligations in providing you with the Travel Product.
Booking and payment terms
14. The Travel Products offered by us are subject to availability and can be withdrawn without notice by the Third Party Travel Provider. Travel Products may also change at any time in accordance with the terms and conditions you agree with the Third Party Travel Provider.
15. When making a booking, you must provide details of each traveller correctly and according to their passport or other identification document. Some Third Party Travel Providers will deny carriage if the traveller’s name varies from their booking and may cancel automatically if the traveller’s name is amended. We have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the incorrect entry of a traveller’s name or as a result of the Third Party Travel Provider’s policies.
16. We are not responsible for any changes made by a Third Party Travel Provider to the payment due date and prices for Travel Products are not guaranteed until payment has been made in full and documents have been processed.
17. It is your responsibility to contact the Third Party Travel Provider prior to departure to ensure there is no change to the scheduled departure time.
18. Payments processed in foreign currency (currency other than the original card holders country of issue), may incur a currency conversion fee. Please refer to your financial institution for applicable fees.
Changes in Price and Itineraries for Travel Products
19. The price of your Travel Product may change at any time up to your departure if any new surcharges, fees or taxes are introduced or if any existing surcharges, fees or taxes are varied, even after you have paid all or part of the quoted price for your Travel Product.
20. If we have to change any part of your booking for reasons beyond our control, for example, if a Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
21. We will not provide you with a refund for the Booking & Advisory Services if the Travel Product is not used.
22. Refunds for Travel Products are subject to the terms and conditions that you agreed with the Third Party Travel Provider.
23. If the Third Party Travel Provider is required to provide you with a refund for the Travel Product, we will provide you with a refund for the Booking & Advisory Services subject to these terms and conditions including the application of any cancellation fees.
Cancellations and amendments
24. If you cancel your Travel Product, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of AUD 15% of the value of the booking per person per booking or withholding of any non-refundable deposit, whichever is higher, in addition to any supplier fees per person per booking for domestic departures, AUD (same fee as above) for Trans-Tasman departures and AUD (same fee as above) for international departures.
25. If you wish to amend your Travel Product, we reserve the right to charge an amendment fee of AUD50 per person for domestic bookings, AUD50 per person for Trans-Tasman bookings and AUD100 per person for international bookings.
26. The Third Party Travel Provider may also charge cancellation and amendment fees in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed between you and the Third Party Travel Provider. For example, if you cancel your Travel Product there will be no refund of your deposit, and the following cancellation fees may apply:
a. Prior to final payment: There will be no refund of any additional Third Party Travel Provider deposit paid.
b. After final payment: There may be cancellation fees charged by Third Party Travel Providers amounting to all or part of the cost paid.
27. Most Third Party Travel Providers treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as FULL CANCELLATION and can incur full cancellation charges.
Your obligations and warranties
28. You warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old and have the power and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and with the Third Party Travel Providers of the Travel Products that you acquire; (b) the information you provide us about yourself is true, accurate, current and complete (apart from any optional items) as required by any registration process; and (c) you will maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate and complete.
29. You warrant to us that you have considered acquiring comprehensive travel insurance and we are not responsible for any failure by you to acquire adequate insurance cover.
30. You warrant to us that you will use the Booking & Advisory Services in accordance with these terms and conditions and you will not use the Booking & Advisory Services in any way to breach any laws or defame anyone.
31. You agree to indemnify us from and against all claims, actions, suits, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, losses, whether arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Booking & Advisory Services by you or any person using the Booking & Advisory Services through any means provided to you.
Jurisdiction and Law
33. Use of the Booking and Advisory Services, and all terms are governed by the laws applicable in the State in which We carry on business. By acquiring the Booking and Advisory Services, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State where We carry on business in all matters arising out of or in connection with your use of the Booking and Advisory Services.
“We” and “us” means Mercedes Gonzalez Travel ABN 82369537286
“You” means any person who acquires the Booking and Advisory Services and includes any person who acquires a Travel Product (whether or not the Booking & Advisory Services were acquired by another person).
“Booking & Advisory Services” means services provided by us to you in assisting you to acquire a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider and includes advisory and consulting services, and providing a facility to enter into transactions with us and Third Party Travel Providers.
“Third Party Travel Provider” means the company or person who provides you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed with you.
“Travel Product” means the service or product provided by a Third Party Travel Provider, for example, an airline or a hotel.
Please indicate if you wish to receive offers and other marketing materials from helloworld:
I consent to Mercedes Gonzalez Travel - A member of helloworld, and its associated entities sending me marketing material, including via electronic messages, relating to their and their partners' products and services that may be of interest to me, and Mercedes Gonzalez Travel disclosing my personal information to Helloworld Limited for this purpose.
Download Word Version of Terms & Conditions.